Sunday, February 21, 2010

Did Randy Moss show his true colors regarding the New England Patriots?

It was late last night and I was done watching the Olympics. I turned on Comcast Sports Net New England. On their show Comcast Sports Net Central I saw some remarks Randy Moss had made at a charity event. These comments infuriated me as a fan. I think the Kraft's and the New England Patriots Management will not be happy with their number 1 receiver. Before I wrote about his subject I wanted to read more on exactly what Moss had said.

I got up this morning and read Chris Gasper's article on Boston.com that had quotes and details of Moss's comments. From the Chris Gasper article entitled " Moss anticipates out pattern after this year" the writer mentions the comments from Randy Moss at a Charity Event in Jupiter Florida. The comments were about his contract situation and how he believes the New England Patriots will not extend him a new contract.

Here is the one of the quotes from Randy Moss from the Chris Gasper article in Boston.com. Moss stated "It's the business of it man. You've got to understand the business of football," Moss said." There is not bad blood. There is no animosity on my side or their side. I think it is just the nature of the business of the NFL. You know the Patriots don't really pay, so when I got my second contract from them that was a blessing in disguise. I understand the business. I don't think they are going to re-sign me back. I'm not mad. I'm not bitter. It's just the way things are in the NFL, so like I said after this year I'll be looking for a new team."


This is a fantastic article by Chris Gasper. The article goes in to more details on his thoughts on the New England Patriots organization. Please read it if you get a chance.

My first thought is Randy Moss is finally showing his true colors. To be calling out the organization that the " Pats don't really pay" is a shot at the Kraft's and the entire organization. They have paid this player a tremendous amount of money. For me these comments are disrespectful.

Randy Moss to me was the beginning of the end of the dynasty as we knew it. The 2007 season and all of its records means nothing to me. It was a change of philosophy when they brought in Randy Moss. No matter how you break it down Randy Moss showed everyone he is a "me" player not a "team player". The team in 2007 became more about scoring than the fundamental of "team "that built those 3 championships.

If I were the Kraft's I would trade him now. You don't want someone on your team that says those words about the organization. Please trade for Deion Branch. If you have read his comments in a prior entry he seems to have fond memories of the organization and might want to come back.

For the New England Patriots to get back to greatness they need to bring the "character guys" back like Deion Branch. It is time for the "me" guys like Randy Moss and Adalius Thomas to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment