Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Jets are the lesser of two evils

As a Pats fan this Sunday will be difficult to watch the AFC Championship Game. When the Jets play the Colts at 3PM on Sunday who do I root for? Unfortunately the two teams can't end in a tie. What am I to do as a Pats fan? I will watch and I have made the difficult decision of who to root for.

The Jets are the lesser of two evils. I am hoping they win on Sunday. I will list my argument with myself below. Trust me it will be difficult on Sunday.

First, Peyton Manning having a chance to go to another Super Bowl is reason alone to root for the Jets. In my mind Tom Brady is the better quarterback. I base this on Brady's overall record in the playoffs and the Super Bowls. If Peyton is to win another Super Bowl it will help the argument that actually Manning is better. Overall, Peyton does not have a real good playoff record. I don't want this fact to change.

Second, In my mind the Patriots are the team of the decade. They have won 3 Super Bowls and that trumps every other team for the decade. If the Colts win another Super Bowl they will be in the argument as the team of the decade. Pats fans will here that the Colts have won the most games in the decade. I really can't handle the fans of the Colts even being in the argument.

Third, Tony Massarotti might have it right. If the Jets go on to win the Super Bowl it could push the Pats to do whatever it takes to get back to the big game. Maybe Patriots Management need a swift kick in there behind to make some moves this off season. I have a feeling the Jets winning it all would be the kick they need.

On Sunday it will pain me to root for the Jets to win. For me though the Jets winning is the best case scenario on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment