Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tough Loss at White Hart Lane

I guess I am an optimist. I really believed that Fulham would be able to get some kind of a result at Tottenham yesterday. Fulham lost 2 - 0 at White Hart Lane. To me this was a very disappointing loss. Fulham only have 1 win on the road this season. For a team that is still in the top half of the table to me this is unacceptable.

Fulham got down a goal midway in the first half with some poor play on defense. Peter Crouch was in the right place at the right time to score his goal. Last season if Fulham were down a goal at the half I still felt they would be able to come back. They proved that they could come from behind and pull out a victory. Right now I do not have that optimism if Fulham are down at the half.

In the beginning of the second half Fulham were starting to control the play somewhat. That all changed on yet another set play. The second goal ricocheted off of Bjorn Helge Riise to get by Mark Schwarzer. Now down 2 - 0 Fulham were pretty much done at that point. They did make some changes by putting David Elm and Diomansy Kamara into the game. Unfortunately, there impact did not result into a goal.

If you want a good analysis of the game please go to hammyend.com. This site does a wonderful job discussing Fulham's problems on the road. I highly recommend this site for any Fulham supporter.

Fulham are back at Craven Cottage this Saturday against Aston Villa. Lets hope for a better result than the game just played at Tottenham.

No comments:

Post a Comment